There are many reasons why your national federation should become an Active Member of the EFT:
- Coordinate activities across Europe (coaching courses, referee courses…)
- Centralizing and exposing information through a website (dates of international tournaments in all European countries, courses, European championships…)
- Providing assistance to any country for a specific matter, either directly or through our network of contacts.
- Regional support for emerging countries (Developing Nations)
- Organise European events (European championships, mainland cup, European Club championships…)
- Specific youth development programs
- Possibly hold a register of Referees, players under suspension etc
- "Library" of resource materials (in addition to courses) from basic "how to play touch" materials through to template documents to register a National association
- Establishment of pan-European guidelines, such as common Abuse Policies etc
- Access EU funding for development of Touch in Europe that may not be available to single countries.
- Use these funds to, for example, send European teams or referees to an event such as a World Cup.
- Negotiate with touch supplies to get cheaper prices for larger orders (Touch balls, touch shoes…)
- Organise and negotiate common flights to fly teams to the next World Cup in Australia.
- Transfer of money from FIT European Sport Development Allocation (From the 2008 and 2010 European Touch Championships)
- Development of European sponsorship relations that are not national.
C. Taking part in decision making
- Organising and running European events (European championships, mainland cup, European Club championships…)
- Decide to allocate available funds to one or another project (courses, championships, sponsoring…)