The General Assembly deliberates the points on the agenda and elects, when it is foreseen, the members of the Executive Committee, the Financial Control Commission and the Electoral Commission.
The General Assembly decide and discuss the following:
- Opening and verification of the mandates
- Approval of the minutes of the last General Assembly
- Reports of the President and/or the General Secretary
- Approval of financial accounts
- Discharge of the members of the Executive Committee
- Motion(s) including any proposed changes to these Statutes
- Budget and membership fees for the next financial year
- New membership applications
- Recommendations of the venue of future European Championships, Home Nations and Mainland Cups events to be submitted for FIT approval
- Designation of the venue of the next General Assembly
The General Assembly is made up of a single representative from each Member Country, having a set of responsibilities as defined in the Constitution. Each representative operates in the interest of Europe and not necessarily the Member Country to which they belong, with decisions being made through debate and ballot.
They also have the responsibility to act within the limits of the Federation of International Touch protocols.
The Executive Board is then responsible to act upon and deliver the General Assembly's decisions.